For our new Barcelona MR PORTER STEAKHOUSE, we are seeking a self-motivated, energetic Assistant Manager who possesses a passion for hospitality and fostering a great sense of teamwork. If you’re the right one for this opportunity, you already have experience in a senior restaurant (management) role. You have worked in a fine dining, fast-paced restaurant and you possess a talent for leading and inspiring others. The Assistant Manager manages subordinate employees via the Supervisors during the shift and ensures appropriate professional standards of behavior, work standards, productivity, practices and customer care are enforced. Our ideal Assistant Manager ensures that the whole team has the complete knowledge of F&B service techniques, all menus, drinks lists and specialties offered in the Restaurant & Bar and served to correct standards. You maintain effective communication within the team and to attend meetings and training sessions when required. You hold daily staff briefings in the absence of the General Manger or when you are on duty.
• To lead by example, building an effective team, direction, coordination and evaluation of departments
• Ensure service is maintained at the utmost of quality levels
• Selection and interviewing
• Training and development of employees
• Be present on the floor during service, touching tables and making guest connections and build business
• Be able to assist with local business outreach, concierge visits
• Carry out probationary period reviews and midterm reviews
• Maintain all corporate mandates
• Addressing complaints and resolving problem
• Perform all duties while following all health department sanitation requirements
OPENING: EARLY 2019
ONLY CV IN ENGLISH WILL BE ACCEPTED.
• Fluent speaking, writing in English & Spanish
• Minimum of 2 years of direct food/retail management experience
• Proven track record of building sales, increasing profits, staff development
• Hands-on leadership with a strong focus on service and hospitality
• Proficient computer skills using Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, etc.)
We offer extensive ongoing training and tasting programs for our staff in order to keep our teams on top of their game. Besides the training we offer excellent opportunities to grow within the group.