For our new, sleek but extravagant, fine-dining steakhouse MR PORTER, we are looking for a hands-on, ambitious General Manager to lead our newest addition to The Entourage Group. We are seeking for a General Manager, who will be dedicated and wants to be a part of a team who will shake things up, in the Catalonian capital dining scene. The MR PORTER STEAKHOUSE General Manager will be responsible for the daily operation of the restaurant, which is located at the new luxurious hotel Sir Victor.
As the General Manager you will oversee the MR PORTER STEAKHOUSE kitchen and dining room, to ensure a positive and unforgettable guest experience. You will lead our team members, trainers and all managers and will be responsible for all functions that ensure a smooth operation. Furthermore, if you love running a balanced business, growing a team and creating an excellent and incredible guest experience, MR PORTER STEAKHOUSE Barcelona can be the right and new adventure for you.
• Builds relationships with the restaurant guests and provide customer support by resolving their complaints efficiently and effectively
• Supervises and directs the prompt, efficient, and courteous service to all guests
• Maintain high standards of quality, hygiene, health and safety for all employees and guests
• Implements cost control procedures in order to maximize profitability
• Handling payroll and scheduling
• Conducts training when needed
• Conducts daily briefings and participates in other meetings as needed to obtain optimal results
• Keeps aware of trends, systems, practices, and equipment related to the hospitality industry
• Performs related duties and special projects as needed
• Appraise staff performance and provide feedback to improve productivity
• Ensure compliance with sanitation and safety regulations
• Manage restaurant’s good image and suggest ways to improve it
Our General Manager must possess a solid understanding of restaurant operations and service, financial acumen and an ability to manage and inspire staff. The Ideal candidate is also a strong hands-on operator who thrives in a busy environment and someone who has the passion and enthusiasm for delivering exceptional service.
OPENING: EARLY 2019
ONLY CV IN ENGLISH WILL BE ACCEPTED.
• A proven management track record gained from working in some of the European most respected restaurants
• Minimum 3 years professional experience in the desired position
• Fluent speaking, writing in English & Spanish
• Strong management skills
• Passionate about high-end, fine dining concepts
• HACCP food hygiene certificate and SVH mentor diplomas are a plus
• Organised, an excellent communicator, hands-on manager
• Strong influence, interpersonal, communication, problem solving and creative solution generation skills
• Ability to quickly integrate into a team and be recognized as a leader
• Able to delegate effectively with a sense of professionalism
What's on Offer
-- Extensive training provided to deliver the best possible service
-- Full-time contract (39h per week)
-- Commonplace working environment and central location in Barcelona
-- Spanish and English lessons
-- Competitive salary and opportunities for promotion