Das Unternehmen Meliá Hotels International wurde 1956 von Gabriel Escarrer Juliá in Palma de Mallorca gegründet. Es handelt sich dabei um das größte Unternehmen der Welt im Bereich Urlaubsgestaltung. Es ist Marktführer auf dem spanischen Markt und zwar sowohl für Urlauber, als auch für Geschäftsreisende. Europaweit steht das Unternehmen auf dem 3. Platz , weltweit auf dem 17. und in Südamerika und der Karibik auf dem 1. Platz.
Derzeit verfügt das Unternehmen über mehr als 370 Hotels in über 43 Ländern auf 4 Kontinenten und beschäftigt weltweit über 40.000 Mitarbeiter.
Meliá Hotels International betreibt folgende Marken:
Gran Meliá, Meliá Hotels & Resorts, ME by Meliá, INNSIDE by Meliá, TRYP by Wyndham, Sol Hotels & Resorts, Paradisus Resorts sowie der Club Meliá.
The Global Account Manager Austria & Eastern Europe penetrates and establishes new business opportunities from the markets Austria, Czech Republic and Poland. The candidate will coordinate all related sales operations for the respective markets in line with all corporate policies and procedures of Melia Hotels International. In this position she/he is responsible for the overall management of both proactive and reactive sales coming from these markets. The Global Account Manager Austria & Eastern Europe will have solid financial acumen and an eye for detail - above she/he conveys a positive and self-motivated approach to drive the business forward. The position is located in Vienna and reports to the Director Sales & Marketing Germany, Austria & Luxembourg.
Key profile parameters
A strong, result driven sales personality with profound experience in selling upscale hotel properties in
international markets (bookers & guests). Must be business savvy and present him/herself as a senior
personality with outstanding inter-personal relationship skills, manners and rhetorical capabilities.
Experience in B2B Sales is a must.
- Represent all Melia Hotels International worldwide in the respective markets
- Develop a concise and clear sales plan to develop new markets and monitoring on monthly basis the production for the contracted hotels, preparing quarterly RN / Revenue statistics for M&E and business travel
- Create positive brand awareness resulting in the generation of new prospects and enquiries
- Extend existing corporate clients in the respective markets and drive TMC production
- Developing top to top relationships in the respective markets driving fruitful business relations
- Monthly analysis of conversion and booking evolution
- Working together with global sales teams to drive conversion through optimal account management. Creation of activities, sales calls reports and ongoing update in SAP
- Conduct competitor and market analysis to ensure an up-to-date understanding / position on all competitors, industry changes and marketplace strategic opportunities
- Manage daily and weekly activities, pipelines, forecasts and closed deals to ensure results based on successful pipeline management
- Feedback of industry and market knowledge and trends to relevant commercial teams
- University degree in Business Administration
- Minimum 5 years of sales experience in a leading position in the European hospitality industry
- Knowledge of MS Office applications
- Advanced German language skills + Upper intermediate English (Spanish or another additional language would be an advantage)
- Profound sales / distribution experience in respective markets
- Independent and result-driven way of working
- Excellent conceptual and analytical skills
- Strong customer and service orientation and expert in business travel and M&E sales on negotiation and contract level
- Profound negotiation skills, persuasiveness and assertiveness
- Strong empathy and excellent communication skills
- Ability to cope with strain and strong organizational skills
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally
The working contract will be classified in group 1 of the collective agreement for white collar workers in the gastronomy and hospitality industry. The gross annual salary will be more, depending on your qualification and experience.
Please send us your complete application in English, including your earliest start date and salary expectations, to the email adress mentioned in the contact details.
Disabled individuals who are equally qualified will be given particular consideration within the selection process.