Design Hotels AG represents and markets a curated selection of more than 300 independent hotels in over 40 countries across the globe. More than a collection of hotels, the company is a collection of stories. Each property reflects the ideas of a visionary hotelier, an "Original," someone with a passion for genuine hospitality, cultural authenticity, thought-provoking design and architecture. Each "Original" stands for the individual, aesthetic and service-driven experience that his or her hotel provides. Founded by Claus Sendlinger in 1993, Design Hotels offers its members insightful travel industry knowledge, from market trend consultancy to international sales representation. The company has its headquarters in Berlin and branches in London, Barcelona, New York and Singapore.
For more information please check our Website and our Career Portal on www.designhotels.com/career.
We are looking for a Digital Product Manager (m/f) to join our Digital Experience team based in our Berlin Headquarters.
Digital Product Manager (m/f)
In a Nutshell
Effective September 1, we are looking for a Digital Product Manager (m/f) to manage the development of our website designhotels.com.
You will be responsible for ensuring an optimal online user experience and for maximizing revenue and profit through the site. Further, you will coordinate the activities of external developers and consultants who contribute to the website’s performance in the marketplace.
As part of the Digital Experience team, you will contribute to the digital marketing and community strategy to fulfill Design Hotels™’ global online brand experience vision and revenue goals.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Manage multiple projects on various scales, including e-commerce websites, microsites, landing pages, etc. with a strong focus on Mobile First and UX
- Manage production and development resources with inhouse graphic designers and our technical development agency
- Develop project plans, schedules, functional flows, specifications, standard operating procedures, and quality assurance plans
- Monitor and report project status and milestone achievements for all phases of a project and implement remedial actions as appropriate
- Develop and support the testing and web analytics strategy to validate and quantify
new ideas and partners with internal stakeholders across the Digital Experience department;
- Establish business needs surrounding projects and translate into technical requirements;
- Monitor the website for any performance issues and ensure rapid troubleshooting;
- Apply technical knowledge and analytical skills to proactively identify new opportunities and to solve technical problems
- Work at all levels of design and technicality of website development;
- Participate in developing our web strategy together with senior management and external partners;
Experience & Mindset
- Bachelor’s degree with 2-3 years of digital project management / UX experience, with focus on website development and e-commerce
- Knowledge of W3C standards, including development for various browsers and devices, HTML5, CSS3, SEO
- Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to facilitate technical, business and analytical discussions, especially to non-technical audiences
- Strong organizational skills, eye for detail and the ability to multitask; success-under-pressure assertiveness;
- Experience in managing relationships with external partners including website agencies
- Experience with content management systems and online tracking tools
Design Hotels AG
Stralauer Allee 2c
10245 Berlin, Deutschland