Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk is Sofitel's largest property in the Middle East. The hotel features 595 luxury guestrooms inclusive of 68 suites and 97 serviced apartments in the heart of Dubai. A variety of trendy restaurants and bars including a contemporary Asian restaurant, a Gastro Pub, a French Brasserie and Patio will bring residents and patrons together to celebrate the French "Joie de Vivre". Guests will have the option to unwind at the So Spa and outdoor pools with private cabanas or workout in a fully-fledged fitness centre. Business travelers will have access to 1,589 square meter of meeting space including one state-of-the-art ballroom ideal for the most sought after social gatherings.
Part of the Wafi Mall new extension and close to the iconic Raffles Dubai, Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk will infuse the brand's essence with capitalizing on a perfect balance of modernism and ancient Egypt reflective of the renowned design elements of Wafi. If you are as excited as we are about connecting hearts and showing your guest passion, join us as the next Heartist - General Maintenance Technician and help us to make Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk a truly welcoming destination! The Position
To maintain all Mechanical/Electrical/Plumbing/HVAC equipment in good working condition by carrying out necessary repairs & preventive maintenance. KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities includes but are not limited to the following:
- Reports to the Duty Engineer/ Shift Leader regarding daily work progress and work order completion.
- Fault finding & trouble shooting of reported guest room complaints
- Works closely with Duty Engineer/ Shift Leader and peers to carry out preventive maintenance and annual maintenance program .
- Follows all safety rules and regulations in job, departmental procedures and instructions.
- Carries out all other tasks assigned to him by his supervisor.
These includes but are not limited to the following:
- Able to read Building Services & electrical drawings.
- Able to fault find and repair electrical controls and systems.
- Excellent understanding of electrical installations and systems within modern buildings; TV, Dimmers, BMS, LV controls etc
- Good practical skills capable of the installation and maintenance of SWA, Conduit, Trunking FP 2000 etc. to a high standard.
- Familiar with planned Preventive Maintenance and Safety programmes.
- Flexible and team player and able to work on own initiative with minimum supervision.
- Works closely with peers to assist in their job when requested by Duty Engineer/ Shift Leader
- To attain all departmental meetings and training classes.
- Good basic English.
- Experience and knowledge of modern hotel rooms facilities equipment and set-ups.
- Secondary School + Technical College or equal.
- Minimum 5 years Electrical/HVAC installation or maintenance experience preferably in Industrial - Commercial Projects. Hotels - Hospitals experience.
This job was originally posted as www.catererglobal.com/job/91607200