The bright and modern Crowne Plaza Brussels Airport hotel is your peaceful retreat in the Corporate Village, 5 minutes by shuttle from Brussels Airport. FREE WIFI anytime, anywhere.
Arrive at the calm oasis of Crowne Plaza Brussels Airport, surrounded by rolling lawns and a serene lake dotted with birds and ducks, to enter the light-filled, 6-storey atrium. The elegant ambiance of the Lobby is defined by clean lines and sleek furniture, which you'll find with added warmth in your stylish room or Suite,
Stroll to nearby companies in the Corporate Village. Crowne Plaza Brussels is a short drive from the Brussels ring road, and you can leave your vehicle in our car park. Catch the shuttle from the hotel to Brussels Airport, where trains connect to the City Centre in 20 minutes.
You can host events for up to 350 in our 16 meeting rooms and share Belgian beers afterwards in the dark wood surrounds of The Bar. Toast business success over succulent lobster or steak at our gastronomic Restaurant, or upgrade to Club level to challenge colleagues on the Wii in our exclusive Sky Lounge. Reflect on a stay worth celebrating in the Fitness Centre's sauna or steam room.
Serve as the key contact for the Meeting Planner. Ensure all requirements of the group are met. Create and provide best practices for convention services and Food and Beverage departments for meetings.
At Crowne Plaza we look for people who are dynamic, confident and ambitious; people who excel in their role and help our guests succeed too.
Duties and responsibilities
· Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget and financial plans. Monitor budget and up sell products and services while minimising waste to increase revenue.
· Negotiate food and beverage prices, function space, and hotel services within approved departmental booking guidelines.
· Direct day to day conference/convention activities, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for team members. Provide mentoring, coaching, and regular feedback to help manage conflict and improve team member performance.
· Educate and train team members in compliance with brand and service standards, and governmental regulations. Ensure staff has the tools, training, and equipment to carry out job duties.
· Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Ensure appropriate staffing levels based on guest volume. Interact with outside contacts: guests, vendors, and other contacts as needed.
· Provide guests with information (example: loyalty programmes, area attractions, restaurants, facility information) to enhance guest experience.
· Conduct banquet and catering facility tours and entertain clients to enhance the guests’ meeting/banquet experience.
· In the pre-event planning process, consult with the meeting planners to identify optimal meeting room configuration, recommendation on meeting/break flow, menu planning, food and beverage coordination, table arrangements, decoration options, etc. to improve meeting efficiency and productivity.
· Arrange all details of meetings and conventions to include room set-ups, staging, lighting, audiovisual, traffic flow, menus, décor, entertainment, group room blocks, transportation, billing instructions and VIP services.
· Meet with each meeting planner daily to debrief on daily events, review consumption, bill and any exceptions to contracted billing and review estimates of final billing.
· Plan and conduct pre-event and post-event meetings with clients and catering staff to determine potential enhancements to the guest experience.
· Analyse and action against client satisfaction surveys to improve services.
· Develop awareness and reputation of the hotel and the brand in the local community.
· Coordinate safety and security initiatives to ensure meetings flow smoothly with minimal interruptions or problems. Coach and advise clients on meeting options and alternatives that potentially reduce waste, save energy and have a minimal impact to the environment.
· Perform other duties as assigned. May also serve as manager on duty.